Dynamic Block file size

ROBP

Can someone explain the reason for an extracted item from a full dynamic block with 125 or so different actions of a total file of 985 kb can be so heavy (724 kb)

when all the unwanted values and actions was removed after the extraction?

Extracted file attached,

Best,

R

Dunno, but it did go down to 707 kb after purging regapps. Nothing much left to purge after that though.

There are 4 block references inside the block.

Y2, the eye bolt thingy alone contains 287 objects. The threads in it are made up of alternating splines and polyline arcs, each of which contains almost 70 vertices. That's a lot of kbytes right there. Each of the two hex nuts on the eye bolt contains 30 lines, 14 arcs, and a spline.

The other three blocks are pretty inconsequential, size wise.

The 24 hex nuts on the cover account for 187 objects.

Each parameter/action set accounts for program code subroutine calls loaded into the drawing database but they can't be all that huge.

One dynamic block definition can be rather fat, but each subsequent copy doesn't add much to the overall size of a drawing.

I added 7 additional copies of the block to your drawing and the file size only went up to 724 kbs from 707, so in the grand scheme of things, I would not be too worried about it.

Noted

Indeed here too one block definition is a bit large but all the others 125 different actions does not beef up that much i agree.

Thanks for your time Dana!

Best,

Robert