Line display issue

casummer

Found the first segment and the last segment not showing correctly (showing longer the others, supposed to be the same in length). Any solution? Thanks

display.jpg

AFAIK this is bug/feature of AutoCAD lines. The first/last segment will always be padded to to avoid starting/ending on a blank segment. Stetch with grips to see the effect in action. Be keen to see a solution to this.

That is also an old school hand drafting technique. I used to do it on purpose. We were also supposed to have the dashes and lines staggered in each of several close together and parallel hidden lines. Lengthening/shortening the end dashes accomplished that. AutoCad refuses to let me stagger the hidden lines, so close parallel hidden lines always look like rows of toothpicks instead of lines.

Be keen to see a solution to this.

What would the solution be? I could see these three.

* You could strictly hold the dash (D) and gap (G) lengths and if the entity was longer than D+G*X (or some multiple of X), then there would be a gap in between the last dash and the ending GRIP.

* You could divide the entity length by D+G and then slightly adjust every D and G (not just the first and last ones) and have some sort of tolerance [(D+G length * 0.75) to (D+G length * 1.25)?]

* The current method of only adjusting the first and last D segment

Be keen to see a solution to this.
If you can get it figured out let us know.

Another thing that is a standard while drafting hidden lines (by hand) that AutoCad does not do, and cannot do, is that where an object line continues behind another surface, the continuation of that object line is a hidden line, but the end of that hidden line SHOULD NOT touch the line representing the surface edge. If a hidden line stops at the edge of a surface hiding it, then the hidden line DOES touch the edge line. Yes, one can pull the hidden line off the edge line a bit, but I think the practice has been simply abandoned, and forgotten since computer drafting came along.