Quesiton about standard radius for curved conveyor???

Sengna

I was wondering if there is any standard reference sheet for Radius or Dia for the curved conveyor with pulleys. I am designing an 18" curved conveyor to connect to my two existing conveyors. but i was wondering that if it can be built or fabricated for my new designed conveyor. Appreciated any info that you can provide for me.

Curve Conv.jpg

It's standard V belt type, it will have to motor attach on the side for the rollers, design to use for packaging case.

In the United States the CEMA Application Guide for Unit Handling Conveyors is one of the bibles of the industry.

"The Only in-depth guide for design details and application guidance of Unit Handling Conveyors in the world. It contains information on all Unit Handling Conveyors - pallets, cartons, totes, monorail, etc."

The book retails for $195 U.S.

CEMA - Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association.

Belt conveyors, according to Architectural Graphic Standards, have a 18" min. - 48" max. width subject to manufacturer's specifications.

Another good source for technical information would be the Material handling Institute.

There are some physical constraints, because your rollers are going to be conical in order to transport the item around the corner. Depending on the spacing of the rollers you may get away with a turning radius of 36" (906mm).

In the United States the CEMA Application Guide for Unit Handling Conveyors is one of the bibles of the industry.

"The Only in-depth guide for design details and application guidance of Unit Handling Conveyors in the world. It contains information on all Unit Handling Conveyors - pallets, cartons, totes, monorail, etc."

The book retails for $195 U.S.

CEMA - Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association.

Belt conveyors, according to Architectural Graphic Standards, have a 18" min. - 48" max. width subject to manufacturer's specifications.

Another good source for technical information would be the Material handling Institute.

Yeah, sound like a good source, will check that out. Thanks Remark

• 1 month later...
That's true........The question is Will they make 36" curve radius? Usually 30, 45, 60 and 90 degree turn

What are you conveying? Boxes? Palletes? Plastic containers? Cookie dough? Usually you design the conveyor to fit the needs of what is being transported. Of course there are standards and some off the shelf standard sizes. I'm more into designing heavy conveyors in automobile assembly plants, but it's still the same basics that you go through in designing conveyors.