making a portion of the drawing in iso (3d) view even in 2d workspace

RRDC

i am asked to do a fdas layout and it is necessary to do isometric in 3d but i have to go back in 2d, is it possible to lock an object in 3d ,so that it can be visible that way in 2d workspace?thankyou

What do you have in your 3D model? You may set a VPOINT in a Paper Space viewport and lock it like that; this will not affect your Model Space visualization. If the 3D is made by solid entities, then applying SOLPROF command on them will give you a better apearance of the isometric view.

Also, welcome to the Forum, RRDC!

I'm not familiar with said "FDAS layout" type drawing, which I believe is something specific to your field of activity. By Google seems to be a kind of flowcharts...

The point I was trying to make was that is possible to work in a 2D visualization in Model Space, while having one (or even more) 3D viewport set in Paper Space.