Sub-assembly help...

baker

Okay, I am definitely not a NOOB... but i feel this is a NOOB question.

I am trying to create an assembly that has one variable width sub assembly. basically, i have the road width and shoulder. second, i have to cut the daylight 2:1 towards the 2' ditch. the sub between the ditch and the shoulder needs to be a 2:1 but can vary in width...

i cannot figure it out...

How do i get a constant 2:1 but a variable width?

please help!

thank you.

Capture.jpg

Edited by baker

I am using a conditional CutOrFill with the correct slope.. but i cannot get it to "stretch" the varied width. I am also using Daylight with Max Width for the constant 6' from the daylight..

any ideas on why its not stretching?

Capture1.jpg

Your going to need to know what your elevation of the bottom of the ditch will be so that you can create

a Alignment/profile then target that profile under - "Corridor Properties" - then look under "Target" and select the Profile for the bottom of the ditch. Civil has no way of knowing what your target elevation is so it will make it just like the Assembly is built until you tell it otherwise.

Civil has no way of knowing what your target elevation is so it will make it just like the Assembly is built until you tell it otherwise.

Other civil engineering programs do though. The one I'm using at the moment has decisional (conditional) assemblies where you can check your surface not just at the current link but at future offsets from the link etc (and put this into very simple scripts that anyone including myself can write and I'm no programmer), which would work well in this case.

Is the road width changing or just the point at were the 2:1 slope intersects the

existing grade? (So the existing ditch is changing in elevation but the road elevation

stays constant.)