Select all segments in a close loop

alijahed

Hi All,

Kind of simple dummy question :)

I have a closed loop in sketch environment and I want to select it then delete/move or whatever action is.

But unlike AutoCAD in selecting a polyline it selects just a segment of it. How can I select the whole thing in one click?

There is no such thing as a "polyline" in Inventor.

If there was no such thing as a polyline in AutoCAD, how would you do it in AutoCAD?

Create an Inventor Sketch Block (same as AutoCAD).

Sketch Block.png

Thanks JD and very disappointing I have to say :(

Thanks JD,

When you have a complicated sketch and you want to select an object in it your solution wont work as you have to select segments one by one to make your block first.

In AutoCAD you have "PE" command in 2 sec joins your segments together and when you click on one segment you have all selected.

I know there is a Block command in inventor but in compare to AutoCAD it is so weak and useless but I am using it a lot because this is the only way I normally get over my problems.

I am a fan of both Inventor and AutoCAD BUT I try my best not to use sketch environment in inventor to create a 2D drawing, because not only it is frustrating but also very slow. I found AutoCAD several times more quicker and more convenient in that respect.

Seriously not right they have to do something about it.

Thanks JD and very disappointing I have to say :(

Thanks JD,

... I try my best not to use sketch environment in inventor to create a 2D drawing,....

Why are you drawing in Inventor? Attach your Inventor file here.

What is this AutoCAD that you speak of?