Custom Linetype Looks Different in Different Drawings. WHY?

I am working on a big project where I am making custom linetypes with text in them for all of our utility lines and I am running into something strange.

I load the linetypes into different drawings and they show up differently. In one drawing the linetype looks perfect and in another drawing the text in the linetype is really small, I am talking tiny small.

Here is the correct looking linetype.

Here is the small tiny linetype.

Here is the linetype *.lin file:

*STORM-OUTFALL 01,---- STM01 ==> ---- STM01 ==> ----

A,.5,-.1,["STM01 ==>",ARIAL,S=.085,R=0.0,X=0.0,Y=-.04],-.675

I figured posting just one of the linetype codes was enough, the storm outfall linetype repeats over and over until I have 25 linetypes.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?

My first guess is that the annotative scales are different and/or Linetype scaling variables are different (ie LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, CELTSCALE)

Can you post a sample of each drawing containing at least one line using the linetype in question, and one reference object that 's the same size in each drawing, such as circle

LTSCALE=1800 seems a bit odd, but that's off-topic I guess

The difference between the linetype display is because Arial text style has a defined text height of 3/16 in one of the drawing and the text height is undefined in the other. (REGEN required to update after changing Text Style/Text Height)

nestly is correct, the different display of text in linetypes between 2 drawings whose LT scales are the same generally comes down to the fact that the font being used by the linetype is defined differently from one drawing to the next.

You can check the definition and make any edits using the STYLE command dialog box.

Also, keep in mind that the linetype definition in a given LIN file means nothing compared to an identically named linetype stored in a drawing.

Linetype definitions in LIN files are not referenced after a linetype is loaded.