Chronological logfile

CAD-DICT

Hi there

I have been trying to get a lisp routine to run that could possibly use the LOGFILEMODE ,LOGFILENAME, LOGFILEPATH and LOGINNAME

data.

We have drawings that seem to be covertly or maliciously edited while the design is in development and i want to try trace the ID and details of the changes made using the data extract from AutoCAD.

I was hoping to log comand activities using LOGFILEMODE data and including TDINDWG (total editing time),TDUPDATE Stores ( time and date of the last update/save) TDUSRTIMER (user-elapsed timer value).

The objective here is to compile a chronologically detailed log file.

For a complete "design stort book" I wanted to build in a command count or command summary when the file is closed.

The count makes decyhpering the log a lot easier rather than read through lines and lines of log file data

The problem with LOGFILEMODE data is that it only records the file open date and time.

So I am trying to build a timed loop will add a "text marker" like ****************** into the log file every 10 mins.

If a atual time can be retrieved from the operating system it can aslo work.

This is needed to keep time of events that if the system is in a idle state if the user is in meetings / at the workshops / on lunch / meeting with supplier etc.

Another problem with LOGFILEMODE data is that the file seems to be fragmented after every save.

So I was hoping to check the file save location for the logfile and append information to that file as time passes.

I seem to be having some trouble to build the log file succesfully and I am not really a LISP wizard to be honest. I have got bits n pieces of code, but cant get it all to work.

If any body here has done a project like this, I would be grateful if anybody could share the code with me

Edited by CAD-DICT
grammatical

Search here for productivity_analysis_tool.lsp may be usefull it logs USER edits in a dwg and if you think malicious will log who opended dwg.