Mines bigger than yours

BIGAL

Now I have your attention :D just a sideways moment we can be to serious at times.

Just thought I would post a couple of questions. See who has the biggest :)

Q1 How many layout tabs do you have in a single dwg.

Q2 In a project multiple dwgs how many sheets.

Q3 What is the biggest file size ever used.

Edited by BIGAL

My reply

current project 82 layouts 1 dwg

dont really have multiple dwgs for a project so now its 82

around 100Mb dwg biggest

Executive golf retreat about 80 miles Southwest of Orlando FL - boy, is this place exclusive.

Architectural Millwork - 136 layouts in one drawing. All interior wall and ceiling panels, Black Walnut veneered MDF panels on "Z" clips, coffers, crown, base, wainscot, reception desks, and window louvres, I mean HUGE verical window louvers. I did 15 pages alone for one room's ceiling details, pictures attached, photos, not renders.

Oh gosh there was a lot of furniture, a LOT of built in furniture.

My head still hurts.

There was one dwg file per floor for two three story buildings, so six drawings.

The big paneling drawing only topped 16 meg a little bit. Detail after detail after detail, and details of the details, and more......

These were only sub-contractor drawings. The construction set would fill a UPS truck plotted but my contractor didn't draw them.

header-meetings.jpg

Event-Facilities.jpg

Dana, given the impression that they may have dropped more than spare change putting this place together;

what is with the short lengths of tutti frutti hardwood flooring? Or did they cheap out and use vinyl, to try and keep their costs down? :huh:

I rarely have more than 3 layouts in a drawing, and we use tons of xrefs so the file sizes are pretty small, but our share of a project may have 800 or so drawings.

I once got a file where the contents was drawn at an X-coordinate of 16x10^58 - does that count? (the file didn't really work well I might add)

Single drawings here between 2-25 tabs

Multiple drawings here 55 sheets

I tend not to pass 15mb each drawings (faster to open and to work with)

Although my library of parts individual files are sometimes 10mb and over (all under one roof for identical parts in differents sizes)

Hatches gets their own layers and i try to make them in a separate drawing with the entity if to many it regens faster.

Dynamic blocks biggest one is 1mb

Dana, given the impression that they may have dropped more than spare change putting this place together;

what is with the short lengths of tutti frutti hardwood flooring? Or did they cheap out and use vinyl, to try and keep their costs down? :huh:

I rarely have more than 3 layouts in a drawing, and we use tons of xrefs so the file sizes are pretty small, but our share of a project may have 800 or so drawings.

Vinyl you say? Bite your tongue. That was supposed to be salvaged locally, swamp sunken cypress over 90 years in the water, custom cut after sitting in outdoor racks for seven years as roughsawn boards. I think there was not enough of it to do the whole project so some rooms are mixed salvaged red and white oak. Not really sure, we didn't do the floors.

There are two 18 hole walking courses on the grounds too. I'd tell you what it is but I am still on a non-disclosure for a couple of more months.

I guess I was just surprised that they could get 5 inch wide boards out of trees that were seemingly only five feet tall, from the look of things.

I was pretty sure it wasn't vinyl, or it would have looked more authentic. :beer:

I guess I was just surprised that they could get 5 inch wide boards out of trees that were seemingly only five feet tall, from the look of things.

I was pretty sure it wasn't vinyl, or it would have looked more authentic. :beer:

That and I did some more checking. These are renders after all. For some reason, I was convinced they were photos until I saw pictures of the site.

Current working double lane vehicular bridge... 124 tabs... One drawing... sitting at 10 MB

I found that OVERKILL > _PURGE > AUDIT saves on the file size.

i have 1 layout per drawing per filename

my largest file ever 890mb and i am still working on this project

I think largest I had worked on was a construction set for an existing 90,000 square foot office (not extremely large). We had 86 electrical and 48 mechanical and a book spec of about 800 pages between the two.

It was built in the 50's originally so we had to do a separate demolition drawing and spec package for abatement which added an extra demolition set.

AS for drawing size, of actualy AutoCAD files the electricla for this was about 12 MB (we used a ton of X-refs to keep file size and allow for multiple people to work on different sub disciplines simultaneously.