creating a new border in layout

richard3009

I need a lisp to place a border in layout on multiple drawings then fit the contents of the drawing into that border, but where to start.

Sorry should have been clearer, im now using full blown autocad so can run lisp, i want to place a drawing border in layout space that has a viewport that will surround all my drawing in model space, I need to automate this for 100 drawings

How can I run this as an autolisp

1) Create a title Block the way I want, put in those standard things like Scale, Drawn By, Dwg No, Company Names, Logos, etc,

3) On any Drawings where I need the Title Blocks, I could use X-REF to insert the Title Block I want, zoom extents of the model space design in the Paper Space viewport.

So basicly I insert a titled border in paperspace/layout then the modelspace design is fitted into this border at no set scale but zoom extents into the viewport.

If you write down the manual steps then you have the code I would look at a script rather than just lisp as you can add dwg names pretty easy.

something like

Open dwg1
layout N layoutnew
(setvar "ctab" "layoutnew")
Mview 0,0 800,560
Mspace
z
e
Pspace
z e
xref "abcd" "0,0"
close Y
Open dwg2
and so on

or just be carefull if you start to use spaces in the dwg names etc

Open dwg1 layout N layoutnew ctab "layoutnew Mview 0,0 800,560 Mspace z e Pspace z e xref "abcd" "0,0" close Y