Ribbon Not Defaulting To Home tab

This is driving me nuts! Can anyone help me figure out why when I exit the block editor the ribbon tab won't switch back to the home tab from the block editor contextual tab? The tab switches to the last tab instead of home.

I made a macro for the block editor close where it saved the block, zoom extents, turned off wipeouts, and zoom previous, as my file was lagging unless I did a zoom extents. I since took out that marco but the issue is still continuing.

Any help is appreciated!

I rarely use the ribbon,, but I believe you want to change the Contextual Tab States preference, as shown in the image.

My guess is that you may want to select the top setting

checck your contettual tab sttattes.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks for the reply :)

No the top selection isn't what I want, I do use the contextual tabs; so I use the Show on single click. I use it for hatch, arrays, tables....Once I de-select the object, the tab goes back to home tab as it should. The issue is when I leave the block editor, the home tab doesn't return, it goes to the last tab Output. I deleted that tab, and then it just went to the other last tab. I tried to move the home tab to the bottom, and that just defaulted back to the top :/

I'm in the block editor ALOT so its a PITA to have to keep manually changing back to the home tab.

• 1 month later...