Filtering COGO Points by Full Description

PotGuy

Is there a way to filter between diferent COGO Points by applying the Full Description given to it, taken from the raw description of the Point when imported in from a Digital Dumpy Level?

I'm running Vanilla Civil 3D.

Select Similar picks all COGO Points (Should have expected that) and the filter isn't specific enough to pick out sub categories in a COGO Point.

Is there a way to filter between diferent COGO Points by applying the Full Description given to it, taken from the raw description of the Point when imported in from a Digital Dumpy Level?

Just create a Point Group with the appropriate criteria in the Point Group's Properties dialog, Include tab.

I'm running Vanilla Civil 3D.

What is a "Vanilla Civil 3D?"

Select Similar picks all COGO Points (Should have expected that) and the filter isn't specific enough to pick out sub categories in a COGO Point.

Instead of SELECTSIMILAR, consider using the QSELECT Command, or right-clicking the above mentioned Point Group, and choose Select.

CHeers

That works.

Vanilla refers to a clean install: no addons or mods.

This ain't wow we're talking about sonny :wink:

Rofl. :P

I'm an avid gamer; PC gaming ftw! (Well, GTA V is the exception to this...for now. Until it's ported to PC...) :shifty:

Used to be heavy into gaming, both PC and PS3 - I don't prioritize it right now with long work days taking most of my energy.

It's interesting to see gaming-vocabulary entering other domains though :)