How to share a LDD project

naghshe

I work on a LDD 2004 project and would like to send it to a coworker to add some features and send it back to me. I need to know which files should I send to him besides the dwg file in order keep everything in tact. The file is a topographic map with points data. One problem specifically is that the file he sends back, after opening in LDD has no point data.

• 6 months later...

Does your coworker have LDD 2004? If so, does he set up the Project information the same as you?

Normally, in LDD drawings, there is a block ADCADD_ZZ which consists of project information and should not be purged. So if the returned drawing had an altered block or it had been purged, the drawing opened in your machine would not know where to get the project information from.

Does your coworker have LDD 2004? If so, does he set up the Project information the same as you?

Normally, in LDD drawings, there is a block ADCADD_ZZ which consists of project information and should not be purged. So if the returned drawing had an altered block or it had been purged, the drawing opened in your machine would not know where to get the project information from.

Thanks for the reply. Does he need to create exactly the same project on his pc to avoid the issue? or should I send the file you mentioned together with my drawing and tell him where to place that file?

I have never had to do this, but I imagine that you should send the project folder with all its subfolders of data so that when the drawing was opened in LDD it would know where to find all the data. Similary, if there was any alteration to the project data, he would have to send all the altered folders back again.

Does your help file help in any way?