Import Survey Points - Dual Code Issues

caddcop

I am very pleased with what I have been able to accomplish using Civil 3D Survey Points in a CSV file, with survey Linework Codes.

However, on occasion, a code that works for figures conflicts with codes for points.

Some of these can be addressed by reordering the codes. For example, if we are shooting utilities, including Miss Utility paint marks, the crews can code an UGWL (underground waterline) figure and if a paint line goes through a valve or ends at a hydrant, they can dual code the continuing figure and still get the WV and FH points as long as they use the points first. So if they already shot some UGWL figure points and come up to a valve, they can shoot WV UGWL and get the point and the figure to share that point. If they reverse the order, the WV point does not get plotted and the point that is stored is a UGWL point.

Where I am running into problems is Trees. When they shoot trees, we usually exclude these from the DTM since often there is a root mound. But they can dual code the TREE with an SGGR to include the point in the DTM. But then, the $1, $2, etc. codes are off by one parameter and since we also scale the TREE point based upon $1, the tree also comes in too small and the label is screwed up.

There are other times when this happens where the ST codes (we use ST instead of B) also gets in the way of the parameters.

Has anyone found a way to deal with this?

If the only way to make this work is by using custom properties, can you scale a point based upon a custom property instead of with a parameter?