How to import IGES entity to the cad ?

DuanJinHui

AutoCAD 2015 has the ability to import both of those file formats. Not sure about 2008. You can check this quite easily by invoking the IMPORT command and checking what file types are supported.

Should either or both file types not be supported and this is a one time need you could download the free 30-trial version of AutoCAD 2015 import the files and do a "save as" to AutoCAD 2007 file format. Then you could open the file(s) using AutoCAD 2008.

Autodesk Inventor Fusion used to be Free, but not sure if it is still Available, I think now it is Fusion 360, should be a free trial and it is pay by the month I do believe, might look into that if you need this more than once or twice.

That's interesting, I use Inventor Fusion here when the need arises and it converts to Solids. AutoCAD Mechanical used to convert to Solids IIRCC, I know Inventor will do the job, also.

Thanks for the info, lrm!

AutoCAD 2015 has the ability to import both of those file formats. Not sure about 2008. You can check this quite easily by invoking the IMPORT command and checking what file types are supported.

Should either or both file types not be supported and this is a one time need you could download the free 30-trial version of AutoCAD 2015 import the files and do a "save as" to AutoCAD 2007 file format. Then you could open the file(s) using AutoCAD 2008.

Thanks , Not need AutoCAD 2015, CAD2012 can do. CAD2010 can't .

Autodesk Inventor Fusion used to be Free, but not sure if it is still Available, I think now it is Fusion 360, should be a free trial and it is pay by the month I do believe, might look into that if you need this more than once or twice.

Thanks, I know, Inventor fusion need install CAD2012.

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post. Maybe someone here will do you a favor and import into AutoCAD and save it to a file format that you can use.

If you have access to AutoCAD 2012, why do you need a plug-in?

That Plug-in says for AutoCAD 2014, do you have AutoCAD 2014?

As ReMark stated, post the file here and someone will perhaps convert for you.

If you have access to AutoCAD 2012, why do you need a plug-in?

That Plug-in says for AutoCAD 2014, do you have AutoCAD 2014?

As ReMark stated, post the file here and someone will perhaps convert for you.

I only have autocad2008, that emage is not mine.

I'm just seeking methods .

Thanks for help! o:)

I have found that the IGESIMPORT command will import lines, polylines, arcs, text and other line geometry such as helices but NOT solids from an .igs file. ~lrm

Wrong information. I just imported a solid from a *.igs file.

Zip and attach your file here if you are having trouble.

I used 3DS Max to generate a solid to test the AutoCAD IGESIMPORT function. The problem appears to have been with the IGES export function of Max and not necessarily with AutoCAD. I am glad to hear that IGESIMPORT could work for DuanJinHui.