Hatch question

Dj_T_Rex2002

Ok I am going to try to see if what my request makes sense lol ... ok I want to know if there is a way to set hatch properties by selecting a hatch that's already in the drawing? Also, another question ... how do I search in the forums issues I might have regarding AutoCAD? I know there's the search button but it gives me tons of locations.

Would you be talking about the "Inherit Properties" feature?

Re: searches. Key words not phrases work best. You can also search within a particular forum which should narrow the number of hits you get.

Ok I am going to try to see if what my request makes sense lol ... ok I want to know if there is a way to set hatch properties by selecting a hatch that's already in the drawing? Also, another question ... how do I search in the forums issues I might have regarding AutoCAD? I know there's the search button but it gives me tons of locations.

Start the Hatch command, look for the Inherit Properties button near the bottom, see the image attached.

hatch dialog.jpg

Let me put an example: I open AutoCAD and by default the hatch is ANSI31 with a scale factor of 1.000. I have an elevation with a DOTS hatch with a scale factor of 20.000. I want to be able to click a button and select the hatch in the elevation and it automatically sets the default of hatch to DOTS with scale factor of 20.000 or whatever hatch I select. Yes I do know about the match properties where you select the hatch and click the other hatch and it changes it, but that's not what I want to be able to do. I saw the ADDSELECTED but I don't understand how that works.