how do Changes overall several blocks in same time?

hamidciv

hi dear friends

:(i define one door As the block, I've used it in several parts of the plan , now i want when change in block refrence, All blocks have changed, how do this?

Some of the doors have been scaled.

please help me.

thanks

reguest.png

Have to go to work now but here is a start it can be done very simply

(vl-load-com)
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel))))
(vla-put-name obj "Your new block name")
; need to add scale etc will try to find time

are you asking to change all the blocks in the same way? Is so you can BEDIT or REFEDIT and all blocks will change the same - this is how blocks work. You can also reinsert & redefine from another drawing using the design center or from an external file.

If you only want one of the blocks to change you will have to create a new different block or create a dynamic block.

dear dbroada

using bedit or refedit after create block , if we use insert for define other object ,In this case, if we use these two commands to change the resource blocks of other object do not

change and only refrence block edited, In other words this two commands To change all blocks in same time we should used copy command for generate other objects.

if your possible more explain about reinsert and redefine?(are this two methods also canged objects in same time? whether yor mean of redefine : i again create block with same name?)

also reinsert explain for me.

thanks a lottttttttt

no. If you have 10 blocks, all identical and you change one of them using BEDIT or REFEDIT, all 10 will change. Also, any future inserting of that named block will insert the most recent definition. If that is not happening there is something wrong with your block or AutoCAD installation.

You can use the design center to grab a block from another drawing. If that block is already in your current drawing you can redefine all the blocks in your current drawing to match the one in the drawing specified in design center. Give it a try. Its easier to use than explain.

You must be doing something wrong. If you have five copies of a single block in a drawing and use BEDIT to make additions or deletions to the block when you save and close BEDIT all five blocks will display the changes.

As regards "ReDefine". Same example as before. Five copies of a single block. Explode one copy and edit it. Start the Block command. Use the same block name. Pick the same insertion point. Select all the objects. When done click on the OK button. When you do a message will appear that looks like this....

RedefineBlockMessage.PNG

Select the option that is circled in red. When you return to your drawing all five blocks will now be updated to reflect the changes that were made. Now do you understand?

Note: Both methods tested using AutoCAD 2013.

dear remark

:(i already know redefine block with same name for all changes in drawing but I am faced with the error.(i after modify block refrence , make a block with same name and select block reference but get error.

error.jpg

Edited by hamidciv
hamidciv