Design center inserting layouts

alijahed

Hi All,

I tried to accelerate the drawing procedure and faced to a situation which I decided to share here.

Those frozen layers in viewports in layouts don't transfer across through design center! I have to manually edit every single of my my viewports in layouts again!

Are you trying to transfer Layouts from Drawing to Drawing, or make copies of a Layout within one .dwg file?

Are you referring to Layer VP settings in PS, or Layer VP settings in MS? The former should transfer, but not the latter because "Layouts" contain no information about Modelspace.

I am kinda curious about what you're trying to do, because you might be able to accomplish what you want with a block.

Thanks for your reply,

I have a drawing with a layer structure. Open another drawing using the same template with the same layer structure.

The first one has number of Layouts. Each Layout in PS has viewports and in each viewport the showing layers have been customized by freezing some.

Now I want the exact layouts with those customized viewports in them, so I used Design Center to import the Layouts from the first to the second drawing, it went fine but the customization on viewports with regards to have some layers froozen didn't go through.

Hope it helped

Cheers

Ali

Yeah, I can confirm that Viewport layer overrides for Modelspace (VP Freeze, VP Lineweight, VP Color etc) won't be imported when you insert a "Layout" into a drawing because the only layers stored in a "Layout" are those layers that are used in Paperspace. "Layouts" only contain information about Paperspace.

What about just taking an existing drawing and deleting everything in Modelspace, then save it as a template. Whenever you start a drawing from that template, all the layers and layouts will already be there, and they'll all already be configured with your VP settings.

Alternately, perhaps turn your Viewports into blocks and save them in your template. When you insert and explode the block, it will turn back into a Viewport with all the VP settings preserved.