Dynamic Block Visiblity and Lookup parameters

adrath

I'm trying to create a dynamic block for profile view of a TXDOT standard headwall. The TXDOT detail shows varying dimensions based on the size of the connected pipe and also the slope of the headwall.

My idea was to create visibility states for the slope, so there would be a state for 2:1, a state for 3:1 etc. Then, within each visibility state, I am trying to use lookup parameters to adjust the block based on pipe size. So the idea is you insert the block, set your slope and then set pipe size and you're done.

I created the 3:1 visibility state first, and everything inside of it works just fine. However, I cannot for the life of me get the lookup parameter to display in the 2:1 visibility state. I know the parameters are all there, and the lookup exists in the block editor it just stubbornly refuses to display in actual model space.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this because I'm stumped. If I can't get it to work the way I want, the next option is to just have separate blocks for the different headwall slopes, but it would be a lot more convenient if I could get everything all in one. Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot, I'm running Civil 3D 2014.

TXDOT Headwall.dwg

Because you have used the same names in the lookup1 and lookup4 tables, autocad doesn't accept it in the lookup4 table, so the block then fails to show it, if you change the names and then put the custom back in against the unmatched properties then it works again.

For anyone interested - here's the final product. The dwg contains both a plan view and profile view block and conforms to TXDOT standard CH-FW-0. Not sure how many other civil drafters from Texas are here on this board, but there you go. Cheers!

Also, the profile block is set up with a vertical exaggeration factor of 10. Have fun!

TXDOT Headwall - Final.dwg