Polyline issue

Bogbadbob658

I have copied a polyline into a file and I can't got my head around it's properties. In the attached file are 3 polylines. Polyline 'C' is the one I copied in. I then tried to match properties with Polyline 'A' and got the result shown on Polyline 'B'. If I try and use 'pedit' on either 'B' or 'C' the UCS changes when I select them. Also if the elevation is changed to 0 it shifts the polyline in the xy plane.

Could someone explain what's going on.

ploylines.dwg

The polylines are at different elevations and are non-planar. Polylines only display filled when the view is perpendicular to the plane the Polyline resides on.

Polyline C was drawn using a different UCS setting, a polyline's properties work in relation to the UCS on which it was created and not the current UCS, try giving polyline C a thickness of 1000 units, or draw another rectangle of 19x19 starting at one of the corners of C you can see that C isn't square to the current UCS

Thank you all for the responses. Yes you are all correct, the z values are different as the polyline appears to have been drawn on a strange UCS.