Text squashing in paper space

bumblebbabe

I am working with autocad 2008 and have an issue where the text in paperspace squashes (see attached image). The text in modelspace is fine (see image – the pink line is the viewport). There are four other people in the office working on the same version of autocad and they don’t have this problem.

I can temporarily fix the text by changing the elevation to 0.01, then it reads fine on my screen, but opens up squashed on everyone else’s computer

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks!! :)

text squashing.jpg

I noticed that you are using AutoCad 2008. That release is renowned for suffering from scale list bloat, among other bugs. In fact, when I opened your drawing I received a warning message that the drawing contained a very large number of scales in the scale list and suggested that I reset it to default. I did reset the scale list, and when the drawing finished opening, I saw no issues with the text in paper or modelspace.

I can't say whether the two are connected. When I used to work with the 2008 version, I had drawings become completely unstable and crash the program when the scale list is bloated. They will crash sometimes when clicking on the Reset Scale List button. Who knows, maybe that is causing you a graphics problem. If you can't get the scale list reset, try opening the drawing in a 2009 version or newer, if that is an option, and fixing the scale list problem.

The text appears normal to me when opened with AutoCAD2011, but I did notice the text seems to have unnecessary format overrides, and the defined width is excessive.

I would try recreating the texts without the overrides and with a more appropriate width as see if that changes anything.

Textformat.jpg