Dim Continue with Static Spacing

eric_monceaux

Hello All!

Quic question I cannot seem to find the answer to...when using DIMCONTINUE, is there a way to instruct AutoCAD to put spacing between each dimension? The drawing I have attached is an example of the environment where this would be useful. When dimensioning a run of cast stone, it is divided into segments with a mortar joint space of .375". It would be very helpful to just set up a DIMCONTINUE type command where it skips the .375" spacing.

DIMCONTINUE-EXAMPLE.dwg

Not sure that you can achive that with the built-in command. What I will do will be to add all those dimensions and later call QSELECT to gather the ones to remove with a filter based on Measurement property.

I see how that could work. My purpose is to speed up monotonous dimensioning. Using your QSELECT method along with QDIM seems to accomplish this, but too much time has to be spent deselecting points on the opposing side of the run...are there any system variables for QDIM to set to make this default?