Adding custom attributes to acad objects VB.NET

Sokre

Hello all!

Not a long time ago i started developing of special module for civil 3d. But as i'm realy new in coding for Autodesk programs i face some problems :)

I'm using VB.NET (Visual Studio 2013) and Civil 2015.

Right now i'm looking for the ways to create autocad tables with information from objects. For example let's take a polyline object. Mechanism of creating tables with .NET is also a secret for me now, but this is another question:)

Example:I have a polyline. With .NET function i create an offset of this polyline. The new object should contain an information about objectid of polyline from what it was created plus some unique text information.

So, theoreticaly i see this ways:

1) add custom property to polyline then extract it into table. Is it even possible to add custom property to polyline? It could be, because with Map 3D functionality property can be added to polyline and it still will be a polyline class (atleast as it shown in it's properties)

2) Create an own object on a base of polyline object. It will become some kind of proxy object or so. I saw some programs that use this method, so it should be real to do.

3) Crazy stuff - create some kind of in program table with proper structure and perform the search and selecting operations from it just as with data bases. mmmm... sounds like a rubbish, but still may be:)

Sooo, all this wall of symbols is about if there is some links or manuals or something else that could help me to implement my own attributes to drawing objects?

P.S. i apologize for my english, it's not my native language.

BlackBox, Thank you! At first look it is doing what i need. Now i'm going to adapt it to my code.

You're welcome, Sokre; I'm happy to help. :beer:

Cheers