Issues with Sculpting tool

nicopechin

I am a college student learning how to use AutoCAD and its features. I am rather new to CAD (just started using it this semester) and we began a section in 3-D modeling.

Our assignment is to form a certain shape (pretty basic isometric with some oblique surfaces) and render it a solid. My professor suggests using the loft tool, and union tool to bring certain surfaces together.

The real issue I am having is with the sculpt tool. After selecting everything (even with ctrl + A ) I receive an error message with "no watertight volume found". I've read similar threads on this, but I cannot find the hole, if any, in my object.

Attached is the file I am working on. I formed a solid box in an attempt to cut away at that, but I have not learned how to do so.

3D Homework.dwg

You did a fine job modeling. I think the fault lies with the Sculpt command. It does not play well with incompatible geometry. Try this file. I removed everything but the surfaces. It sculpts well.

3DIsolated.dwg