need help in saving large file to smaller file

raymondwong

Hi guiders..

I am new to autocad software and I am working for a M&E company. I am currently working with a big file at 14 mb for a 2d dwg file . I would like to shrink it to a smaller dwg so I can view it with my autocad software using my mobile. I have tried alot of way and search it on the net still no answer hope you guys can help a little bit.

previous file was save as autocad LT 2013 69 mb

now after saving using autocad 2014 using the saving option to autocad 2013 it shrink to 14 mb but I need it to go below 10 mb . I have other dwg file the biggest is only 5 mb but this dwg file is larger .can anyone help?

Why is the drawing file so large? What did you draw?

Are there a lot of hatch patterns?

Did you explode something you shouldn't have?

Are there a large number of linetypes?

Have you done a -Purge and an Audit?

That is like saying "I want my car to go faster"....

There could be a thousand reasons why your file is "large".

Can you upload it to dropbox or something where someone here can take a look.

Otherwise we are all just guessing.

There are several threads here about "cleaning up" drawings. You could do a search and start with some of those techniques.

If you can't get it small enough, it might (untested) help to XREF it into another file just for viewing purposes.

I think one of your problems may be attributed to the number of linetypes in the drawing.

What is the source of the drawing?

I managed to get the file size down to 826KB (compared to your 12.7MB file that I downloaded). Is that good enough for you?

Edited by ReMark

Unreconciled layers come from XREFs. It just means the properties of them need to be looked at to make sure they are correct. Just reconcile them.

Edited by RobDraw

thanks remark . i follow your ways and i able to get it to 800 kb only. i use only reconcile layer and wblock all done ... really thanks alot