Error in AUTOCAD

Muhammad Sadiq

Hy,

i am using autocad 2010 version when i save my cad drawing i face this type of stupid error.

how to get rid of it.

plz give me the solution if any one know about it.

thanks advance,

sadiq

Untitled.jpg

According to AutoDesk the cause is a sharing violation. Refer to my subsequent post below.

Edited by ReMark
Corrected erroneous initial reply

yes we are working on X-REF. but if any one open this drawing and i also open and save it. it will show the message "the drawing file is read only"

stupid error.

This is not a stupid error. AutoCAD is telling you something and if you are not careful with this one, you could lose entire files. I've seen this before and it was not because someone else had it open. That is a different notification. It has to do with your network connection. I don't remember if it was fixed or if it just went away with a new computer.

The .tmp file that is being saved is a usable version of your file but I found that with a subsequent save, I was able to save the file back to it's original location with the .dwg file extension. If I did not do that additional save, the original file was deleted.

Since this is not an AutoCAD problem, I would contact your IT department and have them check your network connection.