All visibility states show when inserting dynamic block

stevo99

Hi All,

I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this.

I have a block with 3 visibility states and it works perfectly when I test it in the block editor.

When I insert it into my drawing however, all 3 visibility states are visible. I need to click the handle and choose an appropriate state every time I insert the block.

This appears to be related to annotative text as if I make the block non-annotative, it works fine, just doesn't insert at the right scale.

Any ideas?

Try setting your system variable ANNOALLVISIBLE to . It may not have anything to do with it but it might, since the block is annotative. Are the visibility states scale dependent? I am not even sure you can build a visibility state dependent on view scale, because I have no experience at visibility states for the moment.

Do all the visibilities also plot to paper or does the block function properly even thought you can see all visibilities in modelspace?

The only thing ANNOALLVISIBLE changes is whether you get to see ALL annotative objects in every view, or just the ones that support the current view scale. I am just beginning to use annotative dimensions and text, so I am not sure there is a connection to your block behavior, but it feels plausible. This variable has nothing to do with what happens at plot time, it's just a display control. If an annotative object does not have the current view scale attached to it, and ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to , then you will not see that annotative object in the current view.

There is a toggle button for that variable displayable on the status bar, along with one for ANNOAUTOSCALE.

My guess at this is based on my observation that annotative dimensions seem to be merely dynamic blocks with visibility controls dependent on current view scale factor.

OK, I solved it. Well I found a workaround at least.

There seems to be a bug with annotation and visibility scales.

If I create the block as annotative, I have the problem. I then need to open the block in the block editor, change it to non annotative, save it, close it, open it again, change all text objects to non annotative and make the block back to annotative, save it and close it.

Sounds convoluted but it works. I guess there is a bug with the initial settings, then by explicitly resetting the parameters, It clears it up.

Cheers