(SOLVED) Change Base Point of Block Reference

kunekainen

Hi there.

Is it possible to change base point of a block reference in .net? It always assumes (0.0.0) location for a newly defined block. This is what i want to change:

2014-12-30 22_31_05-Block Definition.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kunekainen

I thought the "position" property is what i was looking for but i was wrong. I'm still looking for a solution.

Then why is this thread marked as '(solved)'...? :unsure:

What API are you using, VBA or .NET?

Cheers

The “Pick Insertion Base Point” of the Block Definition dialog orients the selected objects relative to the BlockTableRecord.Origin property. Based on this "note" in ObjectARX documentation (see attached image) it may make more sense to move the geometry within the definition to recreate a new overall orientation.

BTR.jpg

Sorry man i renamed it when i thought i find the solution and i couldn't rename it again. I'm using .net api.

No worries; thanks for clarifying. :beer:

The “Pick Insertion Base Point” of the Block Definition dialog orients the selected objects relative to the BlockTableRecord.Origin property. Based on this "note" in ObjectARX documentation (see attached image) it may make more sense to move the geometry within the definition to recreate a new overall orientation.

:notworthy:

You may also find Bill's ChangeInsertPoint() Method over at TheSwamp to be of interest... Could easily be ported to an Extension Method as well. :thumbsup:

Cheers

I really don't know how to thank you guys. BlockTableRecord.Origin did the job well.

I am an ordinary engineer who wants to simplify his jobs a little bit but I often stuck with .net cause I don't have a solid programming background. I usually try to solve my problems on my own but sometimes it becomes impossible. At this point you guys are my saviors :) Thanks again, have a nice year.

I really don't know how to thank you guys. BlockTableRecord.Origin did the job well.

I am an ordinary engineer who wants to simplify his jobs a little bit but I often stuck with .net cause I don't have a solid programming background. I usually try to solve my problems on my own but sometimes it becomes impossible. At this point you guys are my saviors :) Thanks again, have a nice year.

You're welcome, kunekainen; we're happy to help. :beer:

I am neither an engineer (ordinary or otherwise), nor one with a solid programming background, so methinks you'll do just fine... Just as we all start somewhere, we all have something to learn from others. :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!

Cheers