Unresolved XRef / Corrupt File

resullins

Ok... I think I may have a corrupt file. I was working yesterday on a background file, and attached it to my working file. The background file was quite large due to just a lot of geometry, but I got it down as small as I could (about 2.5 M). It still seemed a little odd that it was so large. I purged all the things! Ran Overkill, nothing was really helping. So I gave up and just used it as large as it was.

So today, I open the working file, and the background file in question is now an unresolved xref. I opened it, audited it, and after having it get stuck for a good 20 minutes, it fixed 4 items. I tried to re-attach it, and it's giving me INVALID in the command line and telling me to recover.

I run RECOVER, and it's been sitting here forever! It's stuck on "Pass 1 95200 objects audited"

Should I just scrap this POS? Or is there some trick I have yet to try. Also, I would attach this file, but like I said, it's large and in charge.

Ok, sorry for the late reply... I had a pool tournament over the weekend.

@steven-g: no, the .dwg was emailed to me, and the people that sent it to me didn't alter it at all for the reason I'm describing, but that made their drawings unreadable. I have to make installation drawings, they need to be readable. And I don't have access to the architect to ask for a new one.

@RobDraw: Good idea. Ok... here's the link. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uarok9uyv6jxtl5/AAA_mFzoqZJy0eD2qnBXIM_-a?dl=0

I ran recover on the file and it picked up 5 errors. I also purged it (before I ran recover). It hasn't made much difference to the file size. It take about 20 minutes to recover it. I xref'd it into one of my drawings before and after I recovered it and didn't get any problems. Here is the link of the recovered model.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8e3w0fxgng5q79/SD2_FLOOR_XREF_temp.dwg?dl=0

Try running WBLOCK and save the drawing entities out to a new file. A coworker was just having similar problems with one of her files. I Wblocked it out to a new file and the file size dropped from 3mb down to 400kb.

-purge with the option regapps, reduced the file from 4.6 MB to 1.3 MB and removed 124 000 registered applications, followed by a normal purge reduced the file down to 800 KB.

-purge with the option regapps, reduced the file from 4.6 MB to 1.3 MB and removed 124 000 registered applications, followed by a normal purge reduced the file down to 800 KB.

124,000 registered apps? That is getting up into record territory there! Did you AUDIT it too? :beer: