pipe bends

baker

I need to find or create pipe bends for a pipe network that are special.

I have various diameters but most of our bends are a 3R (meaning the radius of the bend is 3x the O.D.) So a 16" pipe would have a fitting center line radius of 48".

Now, we these bends to be a variable or "smart" angle. Meaning i need bends from 7° to 90°. Can the part basically know the angle between the in and out pipes and just drop in the elbow at the correct radius and length?

I'm using Civil 3d 2015.

TIA..

Manually you would just do fillet and you can nominate radius in two ways r=48 or r='cal 16*3.

You have really only supplied 1/2 the info like how do you know its a 16" pipe, what is the length of a bend ? Is the pipe network a CIV3d object ?

It would be best to post a image or dwg to see what you want, it sounds pretty simple via lisp etc.

actually, the length of the bend is an end factor of the radius and the deflection angle. So it is a variable.

I think the best way is to use Civil 3D pipe network and a curved pipe along an alignment with the 3R at the horizontal bends are.