Plotting polylines on exact position from datum

anindya

Sir i have attached a sample drawing and excel sheet ,in excel sheet i have exisiting elecation and design elevation .i want to plot in directly from excel sheet to drawing accoring to datum very fast .is there any lisp for that???? Pls help me.

CROSS.dwg

NED.xlsx

Can you give a real example and how you draw that profile manually according to datum ?

Do the columns Offset & Elevation represent the X and Y of the red Polyline ?

I have no experience with Chainage Profiles but as I can see from the arguments it is not that difficult to make . let's hope so . :D

respected sir the red line showing existing levels that means the natural condition of land.yellow colour is showing the design level,that we have to achieve.now design levels can bring from excel to cad by concatenates command but it will plot according to the xy axis of autocad.Then again i have to plot it manually according to the datum.that is time taking.please provide me any lisp that will make it very easy.

Sir, through concantenates command if u select first x means offset and then y means elevation then paste in autocad it will paste the line,but the problem is that will paste in from (0,0) origin,now to fix it you have to move the section to (0,0) axis. This is time taking so i asked for a lisp that will paste the line from excel to cad to its exact location from datum. Pls help me

Tharwat an explanation of how to create cross sections, a cross section is made up of 3 parts a Chainage, a X offset -ve +ve values and a RL.

Next step is what vertical and horizontal scale is required.

What is min and max Datum setting say for RL 99 you may use a datum of say 90 so line is not 99 but (99-90)*20 = 180 vertical for 1:50 scale.

What is the grid spacing required both vertical and horizontal, a typical A1 sheet for us has 9 or 12 cross sections on it then next page.

Write text but dont forget need -2.5 from Y value so sits next to vertical line, also horizontal lines.

In simple terms we answer about 8 values for a page, start/finish chainage, scale hor ver, Sheetsize, crosslimits, margins

Draw vertical lines after drawing pline of surface.

A1 say 790mm-left 30-right 30 -limits*3(+10 -10 200*3) = gap between/2 =65mm

A1 say 570mm -top 30 -bot 30 -ch 18 -rl 18 and so on

Definately approach as a series of defuns, this way can debug a step at a time.

An approach is to read Chainage and draw X, RL, join Lines, chainage is different then start all over again but move over for next cross section. A csv file is probably the easiest, step two is to introduce multiple surfaces, our 3rd party software does up to 8 surfaces in cross sections.

I will post some samples not at work at moment, this has been asked for so many times. Need a plan of attack what gets stored where a list of xy z ? Maybe start with Lee-mac csv convert to list. Use this csv for testing

NED2.csv

sir my question is when i have prepared or received a cross section of fixed datum that means datum is mentioned there,as i have mentioned a fixed datum of 51.000.now on that cross section the polyline defines the natural ground levels.Now on that cross section if i want to plot another polylines using that same datum used to make previous cross section,then how to plot???????,please checked the cross dwg sample only i sent next time i tried to elaborate my problem there.pls sort that that.i need a lisp which can make that job very easier.is that possible????

Until someone can write you such a lisp as you seek, you could draw a vertical line from the point where the centreline intersects the datum line. Draw it the same number of units as your datum level, and then draw a horizontal line to the right.

Now set up a UCS so that the left hand end of this last line is at 0,0.

Now you can plot the new cross-section exactly on top of the existing.

CrossSectionDatum.PNG

If you take your excel and just create a x,y column then you can draw a pline.

pline

x,y

x,y

x,y

x,y

The first pt has a x value so move new pline to that, draw a circle at the datum 1st point with a radius = correct ht of line, move pline to this point all done.

ScreenShot006.jpg