how to remove this error of .shx

afrazawan

Kindly can some one help me how to remove this dialog box always showing when open any draiwng kindly help me there is some custom line type but i want delete it hw possible plz

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

I think AutoCAD is looking for a shape file called GUARD RAIL in all the places listed under Support File Search Path and can't find it. Maybe you moved the shape file to another location and forgot to include the path? Did you try doing a search of your hard drive to see where it might have ended up?

It seems that one linetype definition from your drawings was using information from that shape file. The best approach will be to contact the one that sent you the drawing to get the SHX file along; other some items from drawing will not be displayed correctly.

It is not shown in new drawing since your template does not contains the trouble-maker linetype.

sir i don't want use this line type and I can't ask some one to send me this? I want to delete this option hw to delete shaps in auto cad plz

I don't understand why you can't ask the person who sent you the drawing for a copy of the shape file unless you obtained the drawing without the owner's permission. A simple Internet search is all it takes to solve your problem though.

I found the answer here....

>http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Erase-shapes-and-purge-references-to-unavailable-shape-SHX-files.html

I found the shap file how to load that in cad file

Put the SHX file in a location that is included in your support file search path -or- put it in the same location as the DWG file.

Note that just because you have a file named GUARD RAIL.SHX, does not mean that is contains the actual shapes referenced in the drawing.

You still might have errors.

Lastly, if you just want to remove the linetype, the remove all references to it and purge the linetype and the shape from the drawing and you won't need the shape file at all and you won't get prompted for it.