How to apply layering & pagesetups to Tool Palettes?

vernonlee

How to apply layering & pagesetups to Tool Palettes?

Is that possible?

I just looking for a quick & efficient way to drag/apply to current working drawing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about coustomising tool palette but for these purpose I have used design centre efficiently to pull layers and other set ups from other files.

Can you elaborate more why not just use toolbars and menu's ?

I do not mind toolbar & menu but can it be like in a form of a button to insert in a preset layers & another button to insert in pagesetups.

I don't know anything about coustomising tool palette but for these purpose I have used design centre efficiently to pull layers and other set ups from other files.

For DC, layering will work but i need search & then open another drawing, select the layer i need, then drag. I would like to set it up 1 time so then i can just press a button.

For pagesetups, i do not think that can be done right?.

For pagesetups, i normally do this:-

1)open a sample drawings that contains the required pagesetups,

2) go to print

3) click preview, then cancel

4) Go back to my working drawing

5) go to print

6) click previous plot

I do this 6 steps multiple times a day as I am ask to frequently prepare issuance for random drawings that either do not have pagesetups or not the one that i need.

For the layers, create a block that contains objects with the layers that you want, put the block onto a toolpalette, when you need those layers insert the block, you can always delete it straight away, the layers will stay, for different layers create different blocks, you could even make a macro that would insert and then delete the block.

For printing you could also use a macro, again separate macro's for different situations like paper sizes or different plotters.

Like steven I have numerous plot lisps B-W colour A3 A1 JPG etc these are on a menu just pick the one I want, if you want they can be a command also, PLOTPDFA3. Here is some examples http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?69132-Printing-LISP-Help...&highlight=Printing-LISP

Re layers need more info you can have 1 toolbar button that creates multiple layers or just one. For me I would load all layers into the dwg wether I use them or not, then write a custom purge macro/script to remove unwanted at later stage. -purge la str* will remove all unused layers starting with str. We start with around 300+ layers run a 1st stage purge after survey completed so come down to 200+ then at end of project get real heavy and purgestyles civ3d and redo -purge etc

Like steven I have numerous plot lisps B-W colour A3 A1 JPG etc these are on a menu just pick the one I want

How do you do put it on the menu?

Re layers need more info you can have 1 toolbar button that creates multiple layers or just one

Please elaborate how to do that. (is it a LISP, SCRIPT or COMMAND)

Thanks

Your "PlotA3colrange" is running by script, LISP or command?

I saw your other post as suggested on a LISP.

; plotpdf2 ver 2 with filename and directory as output oct 2011 (PROMPT ".....PRINTING DRAWING TO pdf's....") (setvar "cmddia" 0) (setvar "filedia" 0) (setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) (vlax-for lay (vla-get-Layouts doc)   (setq plotabs (cons (vla-get-name lay) plotabs)) ) (setq dwgname (GETVAR "dwgname")) (setq len (strlen dwgname)) (setq dwgname (substr dwgname 1 (- len 4))) (setq plottablist (acad_strlsort plotabs)) (setq len (length plottablist)) (setq x 0) (repeat len   (setq name (nth x plottablist))   (princ name) (setq pdfname (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix") dwgname "-" name))   (if (/= name "Model")     (progn       (setvar "ctab" name)              (COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "dwg to Pdf"         "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m"    "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6"    "807,560" "1=2"  "C"         "y"   "Designlasercolour.ctb" "Y" "n"    "n"    "n"   pdfName "N" "y"      )     )   )   (setq x (+ x 1)) ) (setvar "cmddia" 1) (setvar "filedia" 1) (setq DWGNAME nil       LEN nil       NAME nil       PLOTTABLIST nil)  (princ)

Any advantage of your LISP over normal script?

The lisp does not care how many layouts just does all, a script may struggle to do next layout etc if an unknown number of layouts a script may not work. I have 88 layouts in one project, plot by range works perfect.

Not sure why your code above has no line breaks.

I see. My layout is like at 1 or 2 only. But is is good to know. Will try it.

Thanks

Another thing, if using scripts, how do i invoke a print preview with options to either continue to plot or to cancel plot?

This is my current script i am using:-

^C^C-plot;Y;;DWG To PDF.pc3;ISO full bleed A2 (594.00 x 420.00 MM);m;Landscape;N;E;1=2;C;Y;A3LIGHT;Y;N;N;N;;Y;Y;;^C^C_close;

Anything I can add in to invoke a print preview?

Edited by vernonlee

The idea here is that your plots are ready to go so if you want a preview then use PLOT. To prevent plots not working I have other routines that make sure the title blocka are in the correct location, its a group answer all the guys and gal I work with know titles must be at 0,0.