Layer selection

m_sherif005

You can use QSELECT to select all Block References in the drawing and then, while they are selected, issue the LIST command. This will at least tell you all the layers that the blocks are on. Then, you can select those layers.

You can use QSELECT to select all Block References in the drawing and then, while they are selected, issue the LIST command. This will at least tell you all the layers that the blocks are on. Then, you can select those layers.

Yes-this is the best way, but i want to know is there a method without using lisp routine selecl layers containing block references.

Qselect and select all blocks then run the command layiso, then in the layer manager you can sort the list according to which layers are on or off, and select just the layers that are still on.

Can be done using Filter it supports OR so can look for multiple layers only tried with a couple once ran it gives total. Do Filter add block got to bootom add Start OR add layers got to bottom add End or. I found out something to add more you can click below the last entry so building a filter list.

layfilter.jpg

Can be done using Filter it supports OR so can look for multiple layers only tried with a couple once ran it gives total. Do Filter add block got to bootom add Start OR add layers got to bottom add End or. I found out something to add more you can click below the last entry so building a filter list.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52956[/ATTAC

Am i understand clearly? this method selects blocks that is in specified layers. but my matter is selecting layers containing blocks not selecting blocks.

Found 5

(vlax-for lay (vla-get-Layers (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(setq layname (vla-get-name lay))
(setq ss (ssget "x" (list (cons 8 layname)(cons 0 "INsert"))))
(IF (/= SS NIL)
(princ (STRCAT "\nBlocks on this layer .. " layname ))
(princ)
)
(setq ss nil)
)