Blocks not appearing in Viewport

Mitharan

Oh the joys of using other people's drawings as a base. I have an existing drawing that everything works on. The objects are white in model space and the color is listed as white. They appear black in the viewport and will print.

I'm trying to copy all the assets into a new drawing. 1 of the blocks copies just fine. Still white in model, black in viewport. The other block I'm trying to copy disappears when it goes into the viewport. They are both on the same layer, the layer is not frozen or hidden. When I try to "edit block in place" or anything of the like, I can't select it.

Is there a global setting or Page Property setting on the viewport tab that I need to change? Why is one working and the other not?

The bad one may be made on a layer that is off or frozen in your drawing.

Maybe the bad one is annotative and so it doesn't show because the annotative scale isn't matching.

Post it here and someone will examine.

There is a layer turned off for the viewport. Go into the viewport, open the layer manager, look to the right for a column labeled VP Freeze, it will look like a snow flake for the layer PV-1543E, pick on it to make it a sun, close the layer manager and it should be showing now.

Got it. I had to unfreeze then create a new viewport as well. I didn't realize there was that additional freeze block. Thank you for the help. That saves me a lot of work.