Layout from Template - Relative Paths not working in AutoCAD 2015

Tom_D

I have been using the Layout From Template feature with success in AutoCAD 2009.

After upgrading to 2015 the relative paths from the template file are converted to absolute paths if the referenced drawing is not already attached to the current drawing. (The relative paths are used to sketch title block files that are consistently named.)

This is a problem since the referenced files are project specific. The references are to a folder below the current drawing (.\xrf\ASK-11x17.dwg). Sure, I can always manually change the path, but I would like others in the office to not have to worry about that.

Curiously, if you create a new drawing from the template the path reference stays relative.

Any thoughts on a solution other than attaching the referenced files first? (This is impractical since there isn't anywhere to attach them).

Is this noted as a bug (or feature) that anyone knows if?

Tom

I "solved" the problem with lisp: Tested for existing Xref; if the Xref is not attached then copy the Xrefed file if necessary and attach (as overlay). The "Layout from Template" uses the existing attachment so no path problems. Let me know if you want me to post the code (as this is not the Lisp forum).

Tom