Conditional Lisp call to insert data based on user input

ishka

Am I missing something here? I have an original code that I would want to make it user choice based, but it seems it does not work as intended when conditions are used.

So original code is as:

(defun c:esd_gcid ( / GRDREF MAPPATH)

(setvar "cmdecho" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 0)

(setvar "cmddia" 0)

(command "layer" "M" "G-NPLT" "")

(command "rectang" PAUSE PAUSE)

(princ "\nCAD Data...")

(setq GRDREF (getstring "Enter Data Type: "))

(setq MAPPATH (strcat "M:\\GIS-CAD\\Cadastre\\TCAD\\DWG\\TCAD" GRDREF))

(command "adedrawings" "AT" MAPPATH "X")

(command "adequery" "C" "D" "L" "L" "P" "C" PAUSE "X" "E" "D")

(command "adedrawings" "DE" "*" "X")

(setvar "cmddia" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 1)

(princ)

)

The modified conditional code is

(defun c:esd_gcid ( / GRDREF MAPPATH)

(setvar "cmdecho" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 0)

(setvar "cmddia" 0)

(command "layer" "M" "G-NPLT" "")

(command "rectang" PAUSE PAUSE)

(princ "\nCAD Data...")

(setq GRDREF (getstring "Enter Data Type: "))

(cond

( (= GRDDEF "TCAD") (setq MAPPATH (strcat "M:\\GIS-CAD\\Cadastre\\TCAD\\DWG\\" GRDREF)))

( (= GRDDEF "TCAD-TEXT") (setq MAPPATH (strcat "M:\\GIS-CAD\\Cadastre\\TCAD\\DWG\\" GRDREF)))

)

(command "adedrawings" "AT" MAPPATH "X")

(command "adequery" "C" "D" "L" "L" "P" "C" PAUSE "X" "E" "D")

(command "adedrawings" "DE" "*" "X")

(setvar "cmddia" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 1)

(princ)

)

What am I losing in the process? Is the GRDREF not stored anywhere before it is passed to the condition? What I try to achieve is based on the user answer to load specific data using the mapattach. I don't want to make individual lisp commands for each type of data.

You are assigning the return of getstring to a variable GRD[highlight]R[/highlight]EF but testing the value of GRD[highlight]D[/highlight]EF.

However, the conditional is redundant since you appear to be concatenating the same path, whatever the value of GRDREF.

You are assigning the return of getstring to a variable GRD[highlight]R[/highlight]EF but testing the value of GRD[highlight]D[/highlight]EF.

However, the conditional is redundant since you appear to be concatenating the same path, whatever the value of GRDREF.

I see. I guess it was my user error then there. The GRDDEF should have been the GRDREF. That was my intention, but I guess fat fingers do good job of messing. Thanks for pointing out my error on coding. This was actually my first ever attempt at writing a lisp routine. So I am on the right track. Thanks a lot Lee. Your posts and replies are always on target :)