3D Mystery... What in the world is going on here???

ColinPearson

Hi guys/gals:

So, I might have given myself a slight case of rum poisoning last night but I'm pretty sure that's not the issue here... What I've got is a 3D model that I've worked up of a pressure vessel that we're going to install some new internal equipment in and in order to get the job we've got to show the client what our intended sequence is. So I'm making some blocks that show how we'll roll this big cattywompus piece of pipe into a hole through the vessel that is too small for it to fit through while plumb/level.

The grey/white lining in the attached dwg represents the shell of the vessel and the internal eqpt is pretty clear.

Here's the interesting part... When I went to copy my arrangement off to the side so I could move the piece and make a new block, the lower half of the grey vessel changes. It somehow reverts to a kind of union between the vessel shape and the cylinder that I used to Subtract the hole out of it. I left a copy of it off to the side so you can see, but all I did was Copy it over and that extra material appeared.

Anyone got ideas as to what's going on here?

D-1 New RTD.dwg