Custom property of block

satishrajdev

Hi all,

I want to get custom property of a block to get attributes. Block is in the drawing but not present in the modelspace. I can see block from "BE" Command.

SSGET is completely useless in this manner.

I want to get attributes of that block and verify it according to my need.

Please help

Regards

Since there are presumably no references of the block in the drawing, I assume that you would be looking to check the default values of the Attribute Definitions residing within the Block Definition?

Actually I am looking for the attribute tags...

You should iterate over the components of the block definition until you encounter the ATTDEF entity (AcDbAttributeDefinition); this can be achieved by either using entnext on the entity returned by the tblobjname function, or by using vlax-for to iterate over the collection of components for the block definition defined in the ActiveX Blocks Collection of your drawing.

I tried with tblobjname but it doesn't give custom properties of a block as its not present in drawing. I am not so familiar with vlax-for so don't have any idea about it.