store endpoints of lines into a list

motee-z

The base engine could look like this :

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:linepl [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ pl ss i en ed[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"LINE"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq i 0[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss i[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]foreach g '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]10 11[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
               [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq pl [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]assoc g ed[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] pl[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]1+ i[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]and pl [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]alert [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]rtos [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]length pl[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] 2 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

The variable 'lst' holds the list of end coordinates of the selected lines .

(defun c:Ends (/ ss lst)
 (if (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "LINE"))))
   ((lambda (i / sn)
      (while (setq sn (ssname ss (setq i (1+ i))))
        (setq lst (cons (cdr (assoc 11 (entget sn))) lst))
      )
    )
   )
 )
 (if lst lst (princ))
)

One thing whilst great code above what happens when you draw a line the other way ? You may want the bit extra like I use about checking which end you pick so swap 10 & 11 answers to get start end as I desire.

While I use sp (start_pt) & ep ( end_point ) a lot as the point values of lines, AutoCAD really uses From & To prompts and never really designates start and end.

The OP never really stated which points were required. ( all line points ) ( pairs of all line points ) ( pairs and their reverse of all line points )

I use the pairs and their reverse a lot ( for an overkill type function )

(defun vld_deldup (/ ss i ll en ed p10 p11 mln)
 (setq mln 0.003)
 (princ (strcat "\nSearching " (getvar "CLAYER") "...  "))
 (and (setq ss (ssget "X" (list (cons 0 "LINE")(cons 8 (getvar "CLAYER")))))
      (setq i 0)
      (while (setq en (ssname ss i))
             (setq ed (entget en)
                  p10 (cdr (assoc 10 ed))
                  p11 (cdr (assoc 11 ed)))
             (if (or (< (distance p10 p11) mln)
                     (member (list p10 p11) ll)
                     (member (list p11 p10) ll))
                  (entdel en)
                  (setq ll (cons (list p10 p11) ll)))
             (setq i (1+ i)))
       (if ll (princ (strcat (rtos (length ll) 2 0) " Of " (rtos i 2 0) " LINEs Remain"))
              (princ "- No Duplicates Found")))
 (prin1))

Most of the time, I will round the point values to mln

One thing whilst great code above what happens when you draw a line the other way ? You may want the bit extra like I use about checking which end you pick so swap 10 & 11 answers to get start end as I desire.

example if OP wants collect points of vertical lines intersect in cross section?, if the first line endpoint facing down side ,the rest offset interval & trimmed lines would inherit the same pattern.

Though the OP's example dwg has no issue, i do agree BIGAL's consideration for the direction should be taken in to account. noted :thumbsup: