how to turn off grip/mesh in 2d wireframe mode

Themoog_neil

Hi All,

If I draw a polyline and then extrude I get a grid/or mesh instead of the basic outline... see attached...how do I turn this off?

Windows_8.jpg

Thanks in advacne

You just want to see what? A rectangle? No answer. OK.

Click on the surface then go to your Properties palette. Look under the Geometry heading for these two entries: U isolines and V isolines. The default is six. Change these two values to zero. That should eliminate the "mesh" appearance you see.

Edited by ReMark

Modifying Properties of 3D Objects

Surfaces include the following information in the Properties palette:

• Geometry. Contains information such as radius for fillet surfaces, offset distance for offset surfaces, and taper angle for extruded surfaces. You can also enter mathematical expressions to control some of these properties.
  • Maintain Associativity. Toggles associativity for the selected surface.
  • Show Associativity. Toggles dependency highlighting if the surface is associated with other surfaces.
  • Edge Continuity and Bulge Magnitude. Displays for surfaces that join other surfaces.
  • Wireframe Display and U/V Isolines. Turns the wireframe and U/V Isoline display on and off (for non-NURBS surfaces).
  • CV Hull Display and U/V Isoparms. Turns the CV Hull and U/V Isoparm display on and off (for NURBS surfaces).
  • Trims. Reports whether the surface has any trimmed areas and on which edges.

Source: AutoDesk Knowledge Network.