Issue with Pan and select

Mirkin

Hi All

I'm having an issue with selecting items while panning.

If I make a selection and pan some of the items off the screen in order to make the box bigger, when I zoom out after the action, the items that got moved off the screen during the pan have become unselected.

I don't remember this happening in the past.

Is this how AutoCAD is meant to work, or is there something wrong?

Cheers

This is how it has always worked. If you start a selection window and then pan so the selection point is off screen and then pick again those items not shown will not be selected. If you pick items, pan, pick more items, they will all be in the selection set.

Why yes it does. However to invoke the command one must type .DSVIEWER in order to bring up the aerial viewer.

That clunker was basically copied from the makers of nth Engine. They called it the "Birdseye".

Why yes it does. However to invoke the command one must type .DSVIEWER in order to bring up the aerial viewer.

That clunker was basically copied from the makers of nth Engine. They called it the "Birdseye".

I had a copy of the Nth Engine Birdseye back in the day, 1991~1993. The Autodesk bought them out and broke it, and with faster and faster computers it was less and less necessary.