AutoCAD 2015 Mechanical & Automatic Layer Management

Bill Tillman

I have wonderful LISP codes which create some viewports and place them on a special non-printing layer with a very light shade color, per the client's request. Works great for years. Now they give me AutoCAD 2015 Mechanical and it does this thing called Automatic Layer Management which creates this totally unneeded layer called AM_VIEWS and it sticks all my viewports in there. I read a post on AutoDesk's forum which tells me:

two options. In the Options command, AM_Standards tab, you can double-click on your current standard and either modify the layer being used or disable

automatic layer management altogether.

Okay, so where is the place to disable automatic layer management altogether? I can't seem to find it.

Check this out:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmechanical/enu/online-help/AMECH_PP/2012/ENU/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c87543115-23d3.htm

Are you using the "Mechanical" part of 2015? If not, you can start it as vanilla ACAD. I'm pretty sure there are a number of different ways to do this. I think you can create a shortcut from that option in Windows start menu. Cannot verify that at the moment.

This is for civ3d maybe same for mechanical copy your desktop icon and open up its properties change like this "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe" /P AutoCAD