1/2"= full size?

So I got a dwg from another company and noticed when I tried to add dims to my detail, the detail was actually drawn at 1/2"=1'-0" When I scaled the detail up it obviously is a lot larger. They also set up their dim style to reflect this... except when I want to offset something.

Is there a way to change it back to 1:1 but keep all my text sizes?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Is it drawn lifesize (1:1) in Modelspace?

It should be.

Where are you dimensioning, Modelspace of Paperspace?

Are you able to post the drawing, or a copy of it, from which has been stripped anything proprietary?

It would be much easier to assess from the .dwg, than verbally throuhg repeated posts.

Not sure what the problem is that you refer to with offset, but it would certainly make life easier if the whole drawing where scaled up so that it was all 1:1, (If you are talking about model space). It also sounds like something is going on with your dims, it would be a whole lot easier if you could post a sample drawing, has the original drafter also drawn details at varying scales, that could give you more problems (again this only applies to model space).