HELP: Foolproof or easier way to open excel that is within autocad.

vernonlee

My office embedded excel tables to autocad using "PASTE SPECIAL"

whenever I need to edit this embedded excel tables, i need to click them countless of times before it opens.

Where exactly should i be clicking for it to open with just 2 click?

Edited by vernonlee

Open your Xref Manager. Right Click on the table and select open.

OR

Click in a cell > right click > Data Links > Open Data Link File

Open your Xref Manager. Right Click on the table and select open.

OR

Click in a cell > right click > Data Links > Open Data Link File

Hi. To clarify, the excel tables are embedded & not link.

I would use DATALINK instead. It is bidirectional. You can edit it in Excel or AutoCAD and it saves/updates both ways. It doesn't work in all cases, but in most cases you should be fine. Even handles some fundamental formulas.

Works fine here by double-clicking anywhere, mine seems a little sensitive to the speed of the clicks, maybe check your mouse settings.

For Excel files that often need adjustment, I would recommend reinserting as Tables with Datalinks.

Works fine here by double-clicking anywhere, mine seems a little sensitive to the speed of the clicks, maybe check your mouse settings.

For Excel files that often need adjustment, I would recommend reinserting as Tables with Datalinks.

Adjust the double clicking did not help.

It does not need frequent adjustment.

To reduce time spent on double clicking, which area of the excel sheet should i be clicking on to open it?

a) edge of the excel sheet

b) the text/numbers

c) the rows/columns

Sorry I can't help you I never use ole but I did try it and I get the same results, really annoying I can imagine, the only sure fire way that I managed to find was highlight the ole and then right mouse click for the sortcut menu, there was an option to open the ole, but this is not as quick as double click.

Sorry I can't help you I never use ole but I did try it and I get the same results, really annoying I can imagine, the only sure fire way that I managed to find was highlight the ole and then right mouse click for the sortcut menu, there was an option to open the ole, but this is not as quick as double click.

Hi Steven. Thanks for testing it out. I am comforted that I am not the only one that experience this issue.

Also you have already helped. Thanks for the tip on right click to open the ole, i did not notice that. I will use that instead of the endless clicking.