Line with editable text

Hi

I want to create a custom line with pre-defined text in start, middle and end of line as shown in image.

The text should be 3 times per Line / Segment and Editable... Please help...! :)

Sample.jpg

Sample 2.jpg

Edited by azher

You can not have a linetype with variable values. You could do it with a lisp, the length possibly as a field, the text location maybe constrained, so if edited the values change.

You can not have a linetype with variable values. You could do it with a lisp, the length possibly as a field, the text location maybe constrained, so if edited the values change.

Can you please do a lisp for this or any idea??

The text should be exactly 3 times per line/segment and Editable...

Just be a bit patient this is not a 5 minute answer.

Anyone link a pline with 3 fields constrained in some way rather than writing the 2 text entries and the length as a field but its complicated by the first section direction. The change in length is the easy bit.

I tried doing it with a rather peculiar single row table, the left most cell of which contains a field containing the length of the line.

This is definitely not the good way to do it. I look forward to seeing a nice dynamic block solution.

My first attempt I tried to use a Dim Style devoid of arrows and extension lines, but the middle and right hand fileds got difficult,

as their positions were not self adjusting, unlike in a table.

Strange Brew Table.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Dadgad your on the same page as me had a quick look at contstraints but there is nothing about constraining text. I think for the moment two lisps draw a new pline and label, 2nd is label an existing pline. On;y problem is if you move or change the pline length is ok that can be done. The auto labelling in CIV3d may be one way but you need a degree in styles.

Back to Azher are you happy with just plines and text matching your images ? This can be done pretty easy.

Dadgad your on the same page as me had a quick look at contstraints but there is nothing about constraining text. I think for the moment two lisps draw a new pline and label, 2nd is label an existing pline. On;y problem is if you move or change the pline length is ok that can be done. The auto labelling in CIV3d may be one way but you need a degree in styles.

Back to Azher are you happy with just plines and text matching your images ? This can be done pretty easy.

Yeah BIGAL, I had a play with Contraints too, which I never use, but like yourself, saw no way to constrain text objects. :)

Not for lack of TRYING!