Help setting up a drawing showing micro dimmension changes in 2000 LT

berol

The object I wish to draw is 17" long & 3" diameter. I would like to show variations in the diameter at specific points of as little as 0.00001" at a scale or ratio that would be visible without using any zooms. Also, I would like to show the dimensions, leaders & arrows at a readable size. Perhaps 2 different views with different scales or ratios on the same drawing. Please help me step by step, thanks in advance.

Thanks, could you be more specific, What parameters would you use for the set up and dimension scale and where would one find them.

What is wrong with the standard set-up for dimensions?

Exactly what is it that you are needing to show (a picture would be helpful)

MicroDims.PNG

The object I wish to draw is 17" long & 3" diameter. I would like to show variations in the diameter at specific points of as little as 0.00001" at a scale or ratio that would be visible without using any zooms. Also, I would like to show the dimensions, leaders & arrows at a readable size. Perhaps 2 different views with different scales or ratios on the same drawing. Please help me step by step, thanks in advance.

Lots of ways to do this, here's how I'd do it.

First I always use Annotative dimensions so the leaders & arrows always display & plot at the same readable size. Just set up one Annotative dimension style and use it for everything.

To display the gaps exagerated in the layout you could use multiple views like you said in multiple viewports at the same scale showing the variations in the diameter at thouse points.