HELP: File Tabs disappear when switching workspace.

Might you have only had one drawing open at the time you entered it? :huh:

Try it again, sounds like an anomaly.

Try rebooting Autocad maybe.

Might you have CLEANSCREEN on Ctrl + 0 ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• Dadgad

• tombu

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THANKS MAN!

The picture was very helpful. Mine do not have VIEW INTERFACE but found it in VIEW WINDOWS

Had to be at a Workshop at 7:30am yesterday, glad Dadgad was able to help you. If you still want those file tabs I still feel there must be an event reactor turning them off when you switch workspaces. Someone in your office must have set it thinking they were a waste of screen space (like me!). See if they disappear for your coworkers as well, someone at your office would have to fix that for you.

Might you have only had one drawing open at the time you entered it? :huh:

Try it again, sounds like an anomaly.

Try rebooting Autocad maybe.

Might you have CLEANSCREEN on Ctrl + 0 ?

This has been happening for some months already so .........

Do not think so cause all icons & menu bar & everything still there except filetabs.

So far the only solution for me when i have to switch workspace nis after switching, I will have to close & reopen autocad :facepalm:

Had to be at a Workshop at 7:30am yesterday, glad Dadgad was able to help you. If you still want those file tabs I still feel there must be an event reactor turning them off when you switch workspaces. Someone in your office must have set it thinking they were a waste of screen space (like me!). See if they disappear for your coworkers as well, someone at your office would have to fix that for you.

No problem. Thanks for the help.

What PROFILE are you using?

Try switching to another PROFILE in Options, and see if it still happens.

What PROFILE are you using?

Try switching to another PROFILE in Options, and see if it still happens.

I tested by going back to its acad profile & it no longer disappear.

But i had already do all the necessary setting already on my current profile.

Base on this infor, do you know what is wrong? As i do not wish to redo my profile again.

Thanks

EDIT

DEFAULT ACAD 2013 PROFILE - the file tab will not disappear

DEFAULT ACAD 2014 PROFILE - the file tab will still disappear

Edited by vernonlee

That is interesting, eh?

As I believe the file tabs were added in 2015, and both of the default profiles you mention predate that feature.

As to why or how it happened anybody's guess.

Wait a minute, when you installed 2015, you probably migrated your 2014 settings, and when your 2014 profile came with,

that probably started the problem.

Make sense?

At least now, if you want to, you know that you can fix it, whenever the time is right. :beer:

How about setting the Icon properties switch to open the profile that works best for you?

That is interesting, eh?

As I believe the file tabs were added in 2015, and both of the default profiles you mention predate that feature.

As to why or how it happened anybody's guess.

Wait a minute, when you installed 2015, you probably migrated your 2014 settings, and when your 2014 profile came with,

that probably started the problem.

Make sense?

At least now, if you want to, you know that you can fix it, whenever the time is right. :beer:

How about setting the Icon properties switch to open the profile that works best for you?

Huh?

I am currently using 2014 which has this file tabs. My previous version was 2013.

Sorry Vernon, your profile says you are using 2015, I forgot that you said you were using 2014.

I am still using 2013, and mistakenly thought that file tabs were new in 2015. :|

I guess what I mean then, is that if you compare the two profiles, you can probably see what setting is different, and likely causing the problem.

Barring that, just use the 2013 default profile which sounds like it better suits your workstyle.