annotative scale

md2512

hello, i have just imported my drawing from model to paper space and some of my text is too large. i don't know how to scale it down. some of the text is ok.

Normally one would have no need to use annotative text in a paper space layout. Why did you move everything from model space into paper space?

Put it all back in Modelspace, and create a VIEWPORT (think of a window from Paperspace to your Modelspace, through which you can SCALE things to fit on your sheet).

You might want to try the CHSPACE command (for Change Space, from Paperspace to Modelspace).

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i have been out of the country on holiday, just getting back. What i have done is created a subdivision drawing in model space, when i try and move it to paper space it doesn't show up within the borders of the paper, and when i scale it down the text is way off in size.

There is no need to move the subdivision drawing from model space to paper space. All the geometry belongs in model space. The text can be placed in either model space or paper space. If you keep it in model space then the correct way to do it is to make it annotative. You seem like you are new to AutoCAD or never heard of paper space viewports and annotative scaling.

Yes i am new to autocad. What i am trying to do is make a paper print of my drawing with title block so i'm trying to get the drawing into layout from model space, however, once it comes into layout 1 it is very large, when i try and scale it down some of the text does not.

Stop.

Is your title block and border in a layout? Yes or no?

Do you have at least one viewport in the layout? Yes or no?

If there is at least one paper space viewport what scale has been assigned to it?

Are you working in metric or imperial units?

What paper size will you be printing to?

Did you utilize annotative scaling when you created your text?