Extrude Tool Problems!

Giarc73

Hi guys

So I'm drawing in the 3D Modeling Workspace. I set my UCS up correctly because you can only Extrude along the Z axis.

Here's my question:

Why is it that the positive and negative values that I type are reversed?

In other words if I extrude in a negative value, AutoCAD draws in the positive (+Z) direction and vice versa.

Is there a System Variable that solves this issue?

Regards

Craig.

It sounds like you need to FLIP the Z Axis on your UCS.

When you customize your UCS, remember that the origin is at 0,0,0 and that the positive direction on each Axis is indicated by the location of the

corresponding Axis name X, Y or Z.

If you select your UCS icon, it should display the grips, like in my screenshot.

Hover over any of those grips and a drop down menu should appear.

In this case you want to hover over the Z grip, and choose Z AXIS DIRECTION, then with ORTHO turned on, indicate the direction which you want to be Positive on the Z axis.

Another option is to use the Direction commandline modifier once you start the Extrude command, to indicate which way you want to go, then any value you enter should be positive, regardless of your intended direction. In that case you are not defining a Vector, just a measurement.

No doubt you are aware that you could use PRESSPULL, if you wanted to, and the axis direction would not be a problem.

If that is news to you, then you will definitely enjoy watching this short tutorial

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/extrude-and-press-pull/ :)

wFQuvOlz53v6gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

positive extrude.JPG

hover menu for flip axis.JPG

Edited by Dadgad